Guidance for CSVHFS Conference Presenters
As a member of the VHF/UHF/Microwave and Weak Signal Communities, we are seeking a great lineup of presentations to be provided at the event.
SOLICITATION AND TOPICS
The 2018 Central States VHF Society Conference is soliciting presentations on all weak-signal VHF and above amateur radio topics, including:
- Antennas including Modeling, Design, Arrays, and Control
- Test Equipment including Homebrew, Commercial, and Measurement Techniques & Tips
- Construction of equipment such as Transmitters, Receivers, and Transverters
- Operating including Contesting, Roving, Grid and DXpeditions
- RF power amps including Single and Multi-band Vacuum Tube, Solid-state, and TWTAs
- Propagation including Ducting, Sporadic E, Troposcatter, Meteor Scatter, etc.
- Pre-amplifiers (low noise)
- Digital Modes such as WSJT, JT65, FT8, JT6M, ISCAT, etc.
- Regulatory topics
- Moon Bounce (EME)
- Software-defined Radio (SDR)
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Topics such as FM, repeater, packet radio, etc., are generally considered outside of the scope of presentations being sought. However, there are always exceptions. Please contact the point of contact below if you have any questions about the suitability of a particular topic.
PRESENTATION ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- Presentation abstracts must be submitted not later than: Tuesday, 15 May 2018. (Note that this is also the deadline for submission of papers for the Proceedings.)
- Presentations MUST be provided to the A/V team NO LATER than Friday morning, July 27, 2018 to be assembled prior to the start of the Conference on Friday afternoon.
- Submissions accepted via email, Dropbox, CD/DVD, USB stick/thumb drive, etc.
- Check with the point of contact prior to submitting formats other than those listed.
POINT OF CONTACT
• Donn Baker, WA2VOI
email: wa2voi @ mninter.net
Snail mail: 3128 Silver Lake Rd NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418-2426
• Kent Britain, WA5VJB
email: wa5vjb @ Flash.net
Snail mail: 1626 Vineyard Rd, Grand Prairie, TX 75052-1405
Technical program speakers generally will be provided a total of 45 minutes for their presentations and Q&A. Times may be adjusted on an individual basis as necessary, and must be arranged BEFORE the Conference.
To ensure that the audience is able to read your content clearly your presentation’s fonts and text colors need to contrast significantly with the background color..
Microsoft PowerPoint is the preferred format. If you need to present with an alternate format, please inform the point of contact in advance, and we will do what we can to accommodate you.
- For presentations that consist of only pictures, a PowerPoint file containing the photos in proper order is suggested.
- Don’t “wiggle” the pointer on the screen ! Don’t wave the pointer around the room; keep it on the screen. NEVER allow it to be pointed into the audience
- All presentations will be assembled onto a single laptop and tested to assure that they work prior to the start of the conference. Please advise us AHEAD OF TIME if you will require any media as part of your presentation, ie., CD, USB stick/thumb drive or internet download. We may not be able to accommodate you five minutes before your presentation starts.